It's never too late for an adventure
There is something in the air this year. Or maybe it was in the air last year and people are now reaping what they sowed. I went back to the Bay Area a few weeks ago and spent time with a few friends while working a conference. It occurred to me that many of my friends are in the middle of some very big , life-changing events. There were a lot of new adventures getting started and I just wanted to take a minute to brag about them. It is good to see that it is not just HooperLee throwing caution to the wind and running with scissors! I won't mention names but I think some of these might inspire others:
Stop wishing and get it done.
- A friend just started new women in gaming nonprofit and a new job after a decade at the same company.
- Quitting your job and 30 year career and starting a healthy lifestyles business takes a lot of chutzpah.
- There is a business plan in the works for a senior care coordination business. I can't wait for this one!
- Someone just got accepted by 3 universities for their MFA programs.
- One of you is starting a BBQ blog and youtube channel
- A long time nurse just flipped the game and is still in healthcare but now working from home.
- Ummm did someone just sell their startup?
- Someone else just got a new job in a highly competitive Fire Department
I can't remember them all. And I am sure that there were several in years past that I could also call out. Either way, it's exciting to see 2016 as the year of adventure for so many people. Maybe that is what all my friends have in common - that need to keep moving, achieving, learning and growing no matter what. Just wanted to take a minute to acknowledge everyone else's "move to Valhalla" and say congratulations. Oh and if you are on the fence about something, it looks like 2016 is the year to jump down and run!
Are you on a new journey and I don't know about it? Let me know! Oh and if you have a new business you would like me to share I would love to.